Basement Fire In Silver Street Apartment Building
Manchester Fire and AMR Ambulance responded to a report of smoke in the building at 267 Silver St. Monday at 7:39 a.m.
After seeing smoke showing from a 3-story, 3-unit building, the initial responders called for back-up and additional apparatus.
The firefighters quickly located a fire in the basement of the building and quickly extinguished it.
Smoke from the basement fire was ventilated out of the building. Crews opened windows and used fans to push smoke from two floors of the building.
Initial information indicates that the fire possibly started in electrical wiring located in the basement. Crews shut off all utilities to the building. Residents will not be able to return to the building until utilities are inspected and turned back on.
No occupants or firefighters were injured in the fire.
©Jeffrey Hastings www.frameofmindphoto.com/news