top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureJeffrey Hastings

Manchester Fire arrived at a single-family home at 66 Nashua Street that was engulfed in fire and initial reports of people still inside.

MANCHESTER, NH — Manchester Fire dispatch received calls for a structure fire at 66 Nashua Street on Tuesday at 11:57 a.m.

Firefighters arrived at 11:59 a.m. at a single-family house fully engulfed in fire. They were advised there were occupants still in the building. Crews aggressively attacked the fire so they could enter the back of the building and search for victims. The owner of the building arrived and reported that no one was home at the time of the fire, but there were two dogs inside.

Search crews were able to locate both dogs and remove them from the building. Resuscitation efforts were performed on one dog, who unfortunately succumbed to smoke inhalation. The second dog was transported to a nearby veterinarian clinic.

The fire went to 2-alarms due to the intensity of the fire and the brutal temperatures crews were working in. Chief Ryan Cashin said one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.

The firefighter was working on the second floor, showed signs of heat exhaustion, and needed to exit the structure. AMR assessed the individual at the scene for dehydration.

Cashin also said there were multiple water supply issues, and some hydrants were not functioning. The fire was brought under control at 12:55 p.m. However, the crews remained on the scene for several hours.

A hydration station was set up for the firefighters, and a Manchester Transit Bus with air conditioning was brought to the scene to allow firefighters to recover from the heat. Bottles of water were donated by the nearby 7-11 convenience store to help overheated members of the Manchester Fire Department.

Firefighters were hampered when the electrical service to the building burned through, and the energized wire fell to the ground, creating a hazard for firefighters to maneuver around safely.

A building across the street from 66 Nashua St. had significant melting to the siding but no other structural damage. A gas station adjacent to the house where the fire started had blistering paint but no structural damage.

Several vehicles in the house's driveway at 66 Nashua St. were heavily damaged.

At this time, the fire is being investigated by the Manchester Fire Marshals Office.


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page