top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureJeffrey Hastings

Woman Charged With Manslaughter And Negligent Homicide In Death Of Michael Shattuck

MANCHESTER, NH - Ailadi Abreu, 35, of Derry has been indicted by the Hillsborough County Grand Jury on several felony charges connected to the investigation of a fatal accident that occurred at Granite Street and the 293 off-ramp in March.

Michael Shattuck 32 of Manchester was the passenger in Abreu’s vehicle and died at the scene of the accident.

Abreu was indicted on felony charges of negligent homicide, manslaughter, and two counts of reckless conduct with a deadly weapon according to court indictment paperwork.

The indictment on manslaughter states that Abreu drove a vehicle in a reckless manner at an excessive speed and caused the death of Michael Shattuck. Manslaughter is punishable by imprisonment for up to 30 years. Abreu was also indicted on negligent homicide which is a class B felony. It occurs when someone causes the death of another person negligently. The distinction between manslaughter and negligent homicide in New Hampshire is whether the death was caused by the offender's recklessness or negligence. A conviction for negligent homicide generally carries up to seven years in prison, a maximum of $4,000 in fines, and license revocation of up to seven years. Indictments on the reckless conduct with a deadly weapon say that Abreu drove a motor vehicle, which was a deadly weapon where in the manner it was used it was capable of causing serious bodily injury, at an excessive speed colliding with another vehicle, thereby recklessly endangering others. In March Manchester police, fire, AMR ambulance, and New Hampshire State Police responded to a report of an accident at the Interstate 293 north offramps at Granite Street Thursday. When units arrived just they found Shattuck on the ground with bystanders performing CPR. Despite efforts from bystanders and responders, Shattuck died at the scene.

Abreu, the driver, was heavily entrapped and crews went to work attempting to extricate her. IVs were started on Abreu and AMR medics administered care as firefighters continued to extricate her. After using Jaws of Life, and cutting tools for about 30 minutes, Abreu was extricated and taken to a local hospital with serious injuries. The woman who was driving a BMW SUV was struck head-on by Abreu according to police, he was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. In April Arbeu was scheduled for an evidentiary and bail hearing in court and appeared via video from a rehabilitation facility. During court friends and family of Shattuck gathered to hear the horrific details and held prayer cards while appearing to be emotional and angry. A video was shown in court demonstrating the speed that Abreu was driving immediately before impact. Prosecutors presented information on why they thought Abreau should be held on preventative detention. After taking the facts under advisement the judge released Abreu on personal recognizance and allowed her to live at her brother's home in Derry. Abreu will be arraigned on the felony indictments at a future date, and her bail status could be changed by the courts. All Content ©Jeffrey Hastings


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page