top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureJeffrey Hastings

Multiple Stabbings And Shooting Incidents Being Investigated In Manchester

MANCHESTER, NH - Manchester Police are investigating shootings and stabbings that have occurred in the Queen City over the weekend.

Manchester Police, fire, and EMS responded to a reported shooting in the area of Walgreen on Valley Street Saturday at about 12:15 a.m. The city’s ShotSpotter system detected gunfire in the area, and when they arrived they found a victim suffering from a gunshot wound to the knee.

Witnesses said they heard multiple gunshots, and officers found several shell casings in the Walgreens parking lot.

The incident is still under investigation, but all involved parties have been identified, and police do not believe the shooting was random. according to police Spokesperson Heather Hamel.

At 1:15 a.m. just one hour after the Shooting at Walgreens two men walked into the Elliot Hospital, both suffering from stab wounds.

The victims told police that they were leaving the Pericles Club and walking back to their truck when they had an altercation with an unknown man in the parking lot. They told police the man stabbed them both, but they were able to get in the truck and drive to the hospital. Police say the men are expected to recover from their injuries.

Police say the suspect was described as a white male, about 6’2-6’3” inches tall, wearing a short-sleeved shirt, long shorts, and a flat-brimmed ball cap. He was driving a silver newer model sedan, possibly a Toyota.

Manchester Police were dispatched to 603 Bar and Grill 1087 at 3:57 a.m. for a stabbing according to the police dispatch log. There is no indication an ambulance was dispatched, and police said they are investigating the incident but didn’t offer any other information.

Monday police responded to the area of Central and Union Streets for a ShotSpotter activation.

Responding officers found multiple shell casings in an alleyway and a loaded handgun nearby, but there were no reported injuries.

Witnesses told police they saw two males running from the area at the time of the shooting.

Thursday afternoon a man who was playing basketball at a downtown basketball court was stabbed after he chased after a man who allegedly stole his cell phone. Police said that a man who witnesses identified ran from the scene and was later arrested in downtown Manchester at Spring and Elm streets.

Later in the evening on Thursday police, fire, and EMS responded to a report of another stabbing less than a block away at 452 Pine Street. When responders arrived they found two people injured, however, police have not released any information about the incident. It appeared both men were treated at the scene by EMS and the injuries did not appear serious.

© Manchester Information LLC


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page