top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureCaity Koz

Manchester Family Members Indicted for Medicaid Fraud

Attorney General John M. Formella announces that Fawn Gobis, age 57, Cody Gobis, age 22, and Richard Gobis, age 54, all of Manchester, have been indicted for theft and Medicaid fraud.

On April 11, 2023, the Merrimack County Grand Jury indicted Fawn Gobis on charges of Theft by Deception, Medicaid Fraud – False Claims, and Medicaid Fraud – False Records. The Grand Jury also indicted Cody Gobis on charges of Receiving Stolen Property, Medicaid Fraud – False Claims (Accomplice), and Medicaid Fraud – False Records (Accomplice), and the Grand Jury indicted Richard Gobis on charges of Theft by Deception (Accomplice) and Medicaid Fraud – False Claims (Accomplice).

Specifically, the indictments allege that between December 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022, Fawn Gobis and Cody Gobis, pursuant to one scheme or course of conduct, created false records that were kept as documentation of expenses for Medicaid services, which caused false claims for payment of Medicaid services to be filed, resulting in Fawn Gobis obtaining more than $1,500.00 in Medicaid funds and Cody Gobis obtaining stolen Medicaid funds in excess of $1,500.00. Richard Gobis is charged with acting as Fawn Gobis’s accomplice in causing the false claims to be filed so that she could obtain Medicaid funds.

Between December 1, 2020 and February 22, 2022, Fawn Gobis allegedly submitted timesheets to a contractor of the New Hampshire Bureau of Developmental Services which falsely documented that Cody Gobis was rendering care to a Medicaid beneficiary despite knowing that Cody Gobis was living in Colorado and was therefore incapable of rendering such care. Cody Gobis allegedly signed some of these false documents and fraudulently represented that he was providing care. Richard Gobis allegedly forged documentation falsely stating that Cody Gobis lived with him in New Hampshire. In reliance on those falsehoods, the Bureau of Developmental Services’ contractor submitted claims for services and paid Cody Gobis and Fawn Gobis $10,551.62 for services that Cody Gobis did not actually perform.

The maximum penalty on the Theft by Deception and Receiving Stolen Property charges, both class A felonies, is 7 ½ to 15 years in the New Hampshire State Prison. The maximum penalty for the False Claims and False Records charges, both class B felonies, are each 3 ½ to 7 years in the New Hampshire State Prison.

The charges and allegations are merely accusations, and Fawn Gobis, Cody Gobis, and Richard Gobis are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Thomas T. Worboys and Attorney Andrew Yourell of the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit are prosecuting this case. Investigator Eric Shirley and Investigator / Financial Analyst Timothy Brackett, also of the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, investigated the matter based on a referral from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services’ Program Integrity Unit.

The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigates and prosecutes fraud by healthcare providers who treat Medicaid beneficiaries. Healthcare providers include, but are not limited to, hospitals, nursing homes, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, ambulance companies, and anyone else who is paid for providing healthcare services to Medicaid beneficiaries. If you would like to report a case of provider fraud, please contact the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at (603) 271-1246.

The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit receives 75 percent of its funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under a grant award totaling $921,268 for Federal fiscal year (FY) 2023. The remaining 25 percent, totaling $307,087 for FY 2023, is funded by the State of New Hampshire.


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page