top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureJeffrey Hastings

Man Pistol Whipped; Call Ends With 2 Arrested After Standoff

MANCHESTER, NH — Manchester police were called to Union Street near Laurel Street for a report of an assault that involved a weapon.

When officers arrived they found an injured male who had been pistol-whipped with a firearm.

The victim told police he believed the person who allegedly attacked him was Ryan Call, 34, of Manchester. The victim told officers that Call was still inside the house.

At an arraignment on Wednesday in Hillsborough County Superior Court North, details of the incident shared. According to the 34-year-old male victim, he was called to the home to help Tamra Reed, 34, of Manchester, to help install shelves. While en route, Reed called the victim, who could not hear her very well, because of the noise from his motorcycle. He continued to the Union Street address and knocked on the alley side door of the apartment and the door was opened by Call. Call was then accused of telling the victim he was told not to come to the apartment and assaulted the victim with a handgun, according to a report.

After several minutes, the victim was pushed out of the apartment, police arrived, and the victim was transported to the Elliot Hospital.

Officers set up a perimeter, closed the streets around the residence, and requested that Manchester SWAT officers respond, which brought the Bearcat to the scene.

A woman was seen leaving the building and was stopped by officers. She was identified Reed. She was accused of being uncooperative when speaking to officers. Heather Hamel, a spokeswoman for the department, said Reed was initially allowed to leave but told not to go back to the apartment building, as it was the subject of an investigation. She ignored officers’ orders and went back inside, Hamel said.

SWAT personnel made multiple commands for all occupants of the residence to come out utilizing a loudspeaker on the Bearcat. Negotiations were also made via cellphone. After approximately four hours, Reed and Call exited the building without further incident.

After Reed and Call were arrested Manchester police detectives located a .40 Caliber Ruger handgun in a duffle bag that was located over a ceiling tile in the bathroom.

Call was a charged with first-degree assault, felon in possession of a deadly weapon, armed career criminal, falsifying evidence (hiding a handgun), handgun-changing marks (in possession of a handgun with a defaced serial number), and resisting arrest. Reed was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Call was ordered held on preventative detention by Judge Amy Messer stating that the state met the burden of proof that Call was a danger to the community. Reed was released on personal recognizance bail.


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page