top of page
Skinny AMR.png
AD - Deep Discount Oil V2.png
  • Writer's pictureJeffrey Hastings

Man Accused Of Attempted Sexual Assault On Mentally Disabled Woman

Manchester Police arrested a 56-year-old man in connection with an investigation of an attempted assault.

John Young, 56 of Manchester is accused of attempted sexual assault of a developmentally disabled woman.

Police received a law enforcement referral from the Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services about an attempted sexual assault on March 30th and initiated an investigation.

Court documents reveal that the 30-year-old developmentally disabled victim is known to Young, and he frequently was left alone with her while her legal guardian was gone from the house. Although the victim is 30 years old, documents state that she functions at the level of a 6-year-old.

The legal guardian was out for the evening and stopped at the house on the way to a friend's house and found Young naked in front of the partially undressed woman. The paperwork from the witness said, “Young was using a penis pump to get erect”.

The guardian dressed the woman and immediately left the house. Young reportedly said, “I’m glad I got caught” and then went on to say, “I’m stupid, I’m stupid” and said he would get help. He admitted to the guardian that he had been doing this once a month for 1.5 years according to the affidavit.

Young told his wife that since his stroke he was not in his right mind, and promised again to get help. Young sought out an emergency counselor through the VA. In the court documents, he said that he "told the counselor what was going on and they talked about it getting reported, about him possibly going to jail, and him potentially losing his job”.

On April 7th in an interview with Manchester Police Detectives, he provided a business card for the counselor and told the Detective he was advised not to talk until he could figure out his mental health issues. The affidavit states he then asked for an attorney and the interview stopped.

The 30-year-old woman was interviewed by the Child Advocacy Center, while her guardian watched from outside the room.

Given the information, the Detective requested an arrest warrant charging Young with one count of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault.

Young was arraigned in Hillsborough County Superior court on Thursday. He was originally being held on $10,000 cash bail. Judge Diane M. Nicolosi released Young with several conditions.

Young must continue treatment at the VA and provide written proof to the state within the next two weeks showing that he has re-engaged and is in compliance. He must sign a release for the state and his lawyers to verify compliance and keep the release in effect pending the outcome of the case.

Young shall remain on house arrest except to attend medical and mental health treatment, attend court proceedings, for employment, and for daily living needs under the supervision of his wife.

Young shall not have direct contact with persons who are disabled or under the age of 18. No such persons shall be allowed in his residence at 90 Elmhurst Ave in Manchester where he must reside.


Red Oak Logo_full.png
bottom of page