Dogs Trapped Inside In Poor St. Fire
At around 2:30pm on June 14, 2022, firefighters were dispatched to 92 Poor St. for a reported building fire. All human occupants were already outside, but two dogs were trapped inside when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters attempted an aggressive interior attack but were pushed back by extreme heat and heavy fire conditions. Fire erupted from a basement entrance at the rear of the building extending to an exterior deck and to the roof structure. Multiple hose lines combined with ventilation brought the blaze under control within an hour. The cause of the fire was spilled grease while cooking.
Two dogs and one cat were removed from the building by firefighters but were unable to be resuscitated.
One firefighter sustained minor burns and was treated at Urgent Care, he returned to duty later in the evening.
Six adults and three children were displaced by the fire, and Red Cross responded for occupant assistance.